Recipe by Seasoned Cook
EASY, EASY! Go to work or go shop and let your dinner cook away! Come home and serve with sweet potatoes and a salad. It just can't get any easier than that!
Top Review by Domestic Goddess
This was my first time cooking chops in the crockpot. My husband and I like really enjoyed this recipe. Hubby said it was "very good". I like anything sweet'n sour, and this is one recipe I will be making again. There are a few things I'd like to say about the recipe when preparing it... Add an extra chop or two in the crockpot, cuz it does make plenty of sauce, and dice or finely chop the onion before adding it to the crockpot, (I used half of one large onion) and be sure to reduce the cooking time, or your chops will dry out. I cooked mine for a total of 3 hrs., (1 hour on HIGH, and then 2 hours on LOW, but the next time I will cook the chops, 1 hour on HIGH, and then, either 1 hr. & 30 minutes (or) 1 hr. & 45 minutes on LOW. Also, I will add half of one red and half of one green bell pepper to the recipe, (for added color) and will probably cut them into 1-inch pieces. One more thing I'd like to add...when I made this, I used 3/4-inch loin chops, and prepared this recipe in a 5-1/2 quart slow cooker. Thank you Seasoned Cook for the wonderful recipe. It's a winner!!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 566.99 g pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 sweet onion, chopped large pieces
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml cider vinegar
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 44.37 ml cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pork chops in bottom of crock pot.
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT cornstarch and water -- also add juice from pineapple can. Pour mixture on top of chops.
- Turn crock pot on high temperature for 1 hour. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- During last 1 hour of crock pot time, mix cornstarch in cold water and stir into juices in crock pot. These chops are wonderful served with rice.