Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Simple, delicious steak and gravy.
- 907.18 g steak (I use cheaper cuts like shoulder steak)
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 118.29 ml water
- 4.92 ml Kitchen Bouquet (or equivalent)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml flour
- Season the steak with the salt and pepper and cut into serving sized pieces.
- Mix soup, water, onion with kitchen bouquet in 2 quart crock pot.
- Add the steak by dredging the pieces in the soup mixture and adding to the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Adjust time for hotter-cooking newer crock pots by cooking for 6-8 hours.
- At the end of the cook time, mix flour with 1/4 cup water and add half the flour slurry, allowing 15 minutes to thicken. Add the remainder if necessary to thicken further.
- Serve with noodles or rice.
This was fantastic.. the meat was fork tender, the flavor was so good.. although I think next time I would cut out the 1/2 tsp of salt because I think the Kitchen bouquet brought alot of the salt but everyone ate it up like candy! Will Keep this recipe and use it again...