1/6 Photos of Crock Pot (Slow Cooker) French Dip Roast Beef Sandwiches
5 hrs 15 mins
I have another tried and true French Dip recipe and also use another great one here on 'zaar, but when I went to make it the other day, I was lacking all of the ingredients to make either...so the following was born. Turns out everyone liked it better than either of my previous ones, so I figured I better post it for posterity!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs bottom round beef roast
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (19 ounce) can progresso French onion soup (not condensed soup)
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 10 kaiser rolls (or your favorite hard rolls)
- provolone cheese (optional)
- 1Place roast in 4.5 - 6 quart slow cooker.
- 2Sprinkle with onion soup mix and then pour onion soup and beer over it.
- 3Drop bouillon cubes in different spots into the liquid and sprinkle pepper and salt to taste over all.
- 4Cook on high for 4-5 hours. (I guess you could also cook on low for 8 hours or so, but I haven't tried it!).
- 5Remove meat and slice or shred; return to slow cooker and cover.
- 6Turn to low and let meat soak up the juices until ready to serve.
- 7Our favorite way to serve: open rolls and place a slice of provolone on one side of each; place under broiler until cheese is almost melted. Spoon beef on top with slotted spoon and serve sandwich with a side cup of au jus.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot (Slow Cooker) French Dip Roast Beef Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (1734 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.0
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 1329.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bottom round beef roast