Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is an easy, flavorable way to cook a chuck roast that offers lots of options.
Make and share this Crock Pot Shredded Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chuck roast
- 1 (1 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Trim chuck roast of any excessive fat.
- Place chuck roast in crock pot.
- Sprinkle dry Italian dressing over meat.
- Add water.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Use 2 forks to seperate and shred meat.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, veggies and crispy rolls.
- Also makes great sandwiches, with or without barbeque sauce. Freezes very well.
This was really good and very easy to make. It smelled so good as it was cooking. We shredded this and made sandwiches.
I made this for my family for A Sunday football game... WOW !!! EASY AND DELICIOUS!!!! Except I bought hard rolls and made sandwiches with horsey sause dressing... It was a HUGE HIT!!!!!
This is delicious - hard to believe that just an envelope of salad dressing mix and a piece of beef could taste so good. I used a 2 1/2lb. piece of top round to keep the fat content down, and it was great.