Crock-Pot Shredded Beef Sandwiches
photo by KinMa
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
10-12 small subs
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers (I could only find 16oz jar and used it all)
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 large onion (sliced and quartered)
- 10 -12 hard rolls (if you use soft rolls they will get soggy, but you could try toasting them. I use normal sized sub b) or 4 -6 large sub buns (if you use soft rolls they will get soggy, but you could try toasting them. I use normal sized sub b)
- Drain the peppers, reserve the liquid. Cut off the stems. Set aside.
- Cut roast into large chunks. I cut mine into thirds and then split those in half.
- Place 1/3 of the meat into a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add water.
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings and sprinkle half over the meat.
- Layer another 1/3 of the meat on top. Add the onion, Peppers, and Pepper juice.
- Layer the last 1/3 of meat and cover with remaining seasonings.
- NOTE: I found that my pot was large enough to fit all the slices of meat all on the bottom. I just put 1/2 the spices, all the peppers, onion and pepper juice on top. Then topped it off with the rest of the spices.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9hrs or until meat is tender.
- Once done shred with forks and using a slotted spoon put on rolls.
- NOTE: If you are using a soft bread, you may want to drain the meat a little more. And for those that can't handle more spice, I wouldn't recommend eating the peppers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a VERY picky eater.</p>