1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Russian Cabbage Soup
6 hrs 15 mins
Literary Mom's Note:
My own rendition of the hearty sweet and sour soup that reflects my Russian-Jewish heritage. Measurements are approximate and should be adjusted according to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb beef stew meat, in small chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups sauerkraut, undrained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Put meat and onion in crock pot and cover with beef broth and tomatoes.
- 2Cook on low for three hours.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients.
- 4Cook on low for three hours.
- 5Add salt and pepper as needed.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Russian Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (583 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.2
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 119.1 mg
- Sodium 1899.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 51.4 g
- Protein 36.3 g