Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Hearty. Filling. No-brainer. Cheap.
- 453.59 g ground beef (ground roadkill works OK, too)
- 12 fluid ounce beef stock or 12 fluid ounce vegetable broth or 12 fluid ounce vegetable stock
- 4 fluid ounce low-sodium tomato sauce or 4 fluid ounce V8 vegetable juice
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml onions, chopped
- 354.88 ml carrots, diced
- 473.18 ml potatoes, diced
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- seasoning (pepper, garlic and other spices and or or herbs)
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on LOW all day.
- Serve with a nice hunk of hearty peasant bread.
- For variation, replace 1 cup of the potatoes with 1 cup of diced rutabaga.
Very tasty, used ground beef (not road kill...to much gravel)
Had a good taste but the hamburger did not brown and kind of broke up in the liquid and resembled dog food more than ground beef...I would brown the beef first and then add it to the soup.
My house rated this a 6- would eat again but not on a regular basis. Thats still good. I have a tough crowd.