Recipe by Lennie
While I haven't yet tried this crock pot dish, it sounds wonderful. If you try it before me, pls let me know how it is!
Top Review by Dana-MMH
Lennie, had this for dinner and DH will be having the rest for lunch tomorrow. Very good taste! So easy to prepare too. We had some smoked sausage from New Orleans shipped so I put that in and it, was great with the shrimp. We dipped some french rolls in the sauce...delicious. Thanks, this is a keeper!!
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups smoked sausage, chopped fully cooked
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, uncooked peeled deveined, thawed if frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 7 to 8 hours (or High setting for 3 to 4 hours), or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in shrimp; cover and cook on Low setting about 1 hour or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- Serve with rice.