While I haven't yet tried this crock pot dish, it sounds wonderful. If you try it before me, pls let me know how it is!
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups smoked sausage, chopped fully cooked
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, uncooked peeled deveined, thawed if frozen
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 7 to 8 hours (or High setting for 3 to 4 hours), or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in shrimp; cover and cook on Low setting about 1 hour or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- Serve with rice.