Recipe by Jenniegal
My husband and I were lifting the lid about every 15 minutes to taste the broth because it tasted so delicious to us. I slapped this recipe together yesterday for the first time and we will definitely be making this again and again. This experiment came out way better than expected. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. I love soup loaded with vegetables in a flavorful tomato based broth. I was looking to use up two thawed uncooked hamburger patties along with a bunch of fresh veggies I had in my fridge.
Top Review by JCStrong
Great recipe. Followed it exactly except for adding some fresh spinach at the very end and letting it wilt before serving in dishes. So delicious! Thanks for an amazing and easy recipe :)
- 1⁄3 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 zucchini, sliced & quartered
- 1 cup green beans, pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef along with onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic.
- Boil 3 C of water and mix in beef & chicken bouillon.
- Put all ingredients into crock pot and stir.
- Cook on high 2 hours, low for 3 - 5 hours or if you want to extend the cooking time all on low for 8 - 10 hours or to your desired doneness of the veggies.