Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
My husband and I were lifting the lid about every 15 minutes to taste the broth because it tasted so delicious to us. I slapped this recipe together yesterday for the first time and we will definitely be making this again and again. This experiment came out way better than expected. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. I love soup loaded with vegetables in a flavorful tomato based broth. I was looking to use up two thawed uncooked hamburger patties along with a bunch of fresh veggies I had in my fridge.
- 1⁄3 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 zucchini, sliced & quartered
- 1 cup green beans, pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 cups water
- Brown ground beef along with onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic.
- Boil 3 C of water and mix in beef & chicken bouillon.
- Put all ingredients into crock pot and stir.
- Cook on high 2 hours, low for 3 - 5 hours or if you want to extend the cooking time all on low for 8 - 10 hours or to your desired doneness of the veggies.
I love this recipe! Add more beef if it's not enough for you because there are lots of veggies but not enough beef. The flavors are great and it was a winner with my family. Definitely plan on making this with the cold weather coming in.
This is a great tasting soup. I made it Friday morning in the crockpot and when we returned from work, the house smelled delicious! I will make this again. Thanks for sharing.