Minestrone Soup With Meat
This is a hearty soup that tastes wonderful! A friend of mine gave this recipe to me from a "soup bar" we had a church. Thank you Betty! Not low fat - just loaded with flavor! Serving size unknown. You can double this recipe and freeze some for later. OAMC
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, stewed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 5 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup frozen green beans (fresh and canned will do)
- 1⁄2 cup miniature pasta shells
- Add all ingredients into large pot.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add shells or other pasta about 13 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This is a keeper!! My quiet son said "Good soup Mom" - and that's a mouthful for him. Since you already had such great reviews from very reliable sources, I took the liberty of making this in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours. It turned out great!! I did add one extra cup of water, used low sodium products and did not add salt. I cooked the pasta on the stove and stirred it in. The flavor, combination of vegetables and many textures of this soup make it wonderful!! Thanks Bella Donna!!
Fabulous cold weather soup! I used an Italian seasoning instead of parsley, salt, oregano & basil because I lost 2 hrs time after slicing my finger on a mandolin & going to the ER for 6 stitches! Also added 1 1/2 cups pasta. My grown sons refuse to eat this "finger soup" & that's fine with me! I froze it in single serving containers & enjoy it on long, cold 12 hr shifts in my ER! Thanks so much!