Crock Pot Ground Beef and Beans
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 25mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 -4 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes
- 3 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped (or use red bell peppers)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups canned mushroom slices
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans (Heinz is good!)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- seasoning salt or white salt
- black pepper
- In a large pot or skillet brown the ground beef with onions, garlic, celery, jalapeno peppers and chili flakes until the beef is no longer pink; drain fat.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients; stir to combine bring to a simmer then transfer to the crock pot (or simmer on top of the stove over very low heat for about 3 hours).
- Cover and cook on LOW heat for about 5 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper about halfway through cooking.
Join The Conversation
Excellent Recipe, However the directions are problematic. They say to use a large skillet or a pot to brown the meat and to simmer the ingredients. I used a 14 Inch skillet and it could not hold all the ingredients. I had to transfer everything to a large All Clad Dutch Oven and simmer the ingredients. I then transferred all the ingredients from the Dutch Oven to a 6 quart Slow Cooker for 5 hours on low; and the ingredients filled the 6 Quart Slow Cooker all the way to the top. This recipe produces a lot of food. Make sure if you use all the ingredients, that you have the correct size cookware. A large pot or Dutch Oven and a Slow Cooker that is at least 6 quarts.