Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is wonderful served in a bowl, topped with cheddar cheese and crusty buns on the side, if you don't have a crock pot just simmer on top of the stove over low heat for about 3 hours or more.
Top Review by Rayndrop
Very good, especially when served with some sort of bread. Next time I will omit the sugar. It was a little on the sweet side since I only had Bush's baked beans on hand. Lots of leftovers to freeze!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 -4 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes
- 3 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped (or use red bell peppers)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups canned mushroom slices
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans (Heinz is good!)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- seasoning salt or white salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot or skillet brown the ground beef with onions, garlic, celery, jalapeno peppers and chili flakes until the beef is no longer pink; drain fat.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients; stir to combine bring to a simmer then transfer to the crock pot (or simmer on top of the stove over very low heat for about 3 hours).
- Cover and cook on LOW heat for about 5 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper about halfway through cooking.