Recipe by Lisa1
Seems like everyone in the Midwest has a recipe for goulash that has nothing to do with the Hungarian kind. This was my mom's recipe, which I adapted for the crock pot after living in a apartment with an unruly oven that would set off the smoke alarm no matter how often I cleaned it. This is a very simple recipe, but it's my brother's favorite meal in the world (thus I make it for him every Christmas Eve). Good with garlic-cheese bread.
- 1 (7 ounce) box pasta shells or 1 (7 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 (28 ounce) jartraditional spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- parmesan cheese (for serving)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Brown meat. Drain.
- Combine meat, pasta, spaghetti sauce, onion powder and mushrooms(if using) in crock pot. Mix well.
- Cover. Cook on High for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to Low for 30 minutes.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.