- Ready In:
- 3hrs 45mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 14 ounces whole kernel corn
- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 1 1⁄4 ounces chili seasoning mix, start with half the package
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano (to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion. Add beef and remaining ingredients, EXCEPT cheese, to crock pot. Cook on low setting for 3 1/2 hours.
- Before serving add cut up pieces of Velveeta cheese to the goulash and let steam until melted. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was a delicious "down home cooking" type of recipe, especially for the cold winter day we've had today. I opted to include Velveeta cheese, but only about half of it. It added a creamy touch to the dish. It goes together really quickly, too. I went a little light on the chili seasoning, but it was hardly noticeable, but that's an easy fix. And I'll just increase the amount of chili seasoning used the next time I make this. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Lauralie41. We enjoyed it.