Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 lbs bottom round beef roast
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (I used Paul Masson Chablis) or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 package dry au jus mix
- 2 cups beef broth (I used 2 14 oz cans... because my family LOVES the au jus... and because they come in 14 oz cans...)
- Place onion in slow cooker.
- Add roast.
- Combine wine and gravy mix.
- Pour over roast.
- Add enough broth to cover roast.
- Cook on high 5-6 hours or low 10-12 hours Remove meat from liquid.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing thinly across grain.
- Note-- I put my roast in at 10:30-- took it out around 5:30-- on high-- it would not slice-- just fell apart it was so well done-- It was good.
- but it ended up being shredded beef on our french dip sammiches!
- We put it on hoagie (submarine) rolls which I had buttered and toasted in the oven-- and a slice of swiss cheese--.
OH MY GRAVY!!! this i SO good. I could hardly wait to make a sandwich. Will be making this again and again. The husband loved it too. Thanks to Chaya Madre. xoxo
Delicious...the beef just fell apart. I followed the recipe as written using the two 14.5 oz. cans of beef broth as Chaya Madre does.
I made this Saturday night with french rolls & swiss & on the side if we didn't want the roll I made Garlic Mashed Potatoes & it was amazing. Thank you for sharing. My husband brought it to work that night & everyone wanted to know the recipe.