Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped cooking onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 hot chili peppers, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 12 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pound the flank steak to about 1/2" (to help tenderize it).
- Spread 3 tbsp of butter on the steak and sprinkle with the thyme, sage, basil, garlic& season with salt and pepper.
- With the long side towards you roll up the steak (jelly roll style) and secure with skewers or toothpicks about 1" apart (Make sure it is secure).
- Heat olive oil in skillet and brown the outside of the steak, place steak in your crock pot.
- In the same skillet brown onions& mushrooms, when browned add tomatoes, tomato paste, chilies, soy sauce, sour cream, bay leaf& worcestershire sauce, mix well and pour over the steak in the crock pot.
- Turn to low and cook 5-6 hours; add half the parsley after 5 hours.
- Meanwhile cook the linguini so it will be ready in time to serve with the flank steak, drain the linguini, add 2 tbsp butter& remaining parsley; toss.
- Cut the Flank steak into 1" slices and put on individual plates along with the pasta, serve with sauce over the steak& the pasta.
This recipe is very good. I mixed the garlic in with the butter then spreaded it on the meat and sprinkled the seasonings on. That is the only change I did. I had everything on hand in my kitchen. Oh it was just so very good. Thank You
Very good indeed! The meat came out very tender thanks to the long, slow cooking process. The sauce was very flavorful and complimented the linguini nicely! I cut the chili peppers back to 2 since that was all I had bought (read the recipe wrong!) but they provided just the right amount of heat! Good luck with this recipe in the contest!
This is fantastic- LOVED this - and it sounds harder than it is to prepare- wonderful! Thanks for sharing!