Recipe by Lorac
Found this on another website and thought it would be a delicious way to use up some frozen cod lurking in my freezer.
Top Review by TreeSquirrel
This was pretty tasty! I added about 2 large peeled and diced potatoes, along with extra milk (substituted for the heavy cream) and vegetable broth instead of clam juice. I don't like things spicy, so did without the hot sauce. My boyfriend said this is "restaurant quality chowder," and I agreed; although, I would have preferred the chowder without the wine. I think this would be excellent for a company dinner, with a loaf of fresh bread on the side! Thanks, Lorac!
- 453.59 g firm fleshed white fish fillet, cut in 1 inch cubes (cod, haddock, plaice)
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml celery, chopped
- 118.29 ml carrot, chopped
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary, crushed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml hot sauce (or to taste)
- 453.59 g can diced tomatoes
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 226.79 g bottle clam juice
- 44.37 ml flour
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 78.07 ml heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion, celery and carrots in the bottom of a crock pot and top with fish cubes.
- Sprinkle with herbs and seasonings.
- Top with tomatoes, wine and clam juice.
- Cover and cook on Low 7-8 hours (High 3-4 hours).
- One hour before serving, combine flour, melted butter and cream.
- Stir into chowder and continue cooking for remaining time.