Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Dragons tongues are a type of bean that my son had a lot of this year, along with green beans. I had to look up how to cook them. They are larger then green beans and slightly fuzzy, they are a cream color with streaks of purple that can be cooked like you would green beans, I have roasted them with green beans, you can't tell much difference in the taste. When I cooked these I had some green beans in the pot as well and they came out OK. I had a 1/2 lb. of center cut bacon in the freezer so I nuked it so that it was partly cooked and chopped it up.
- 3 quarts dragon tongue beans, washed and trimmed, cut up if you like
- 1 medium onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb center-cut bacon, cooked slightly
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons wylers chicken bouillon granules
- salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in a 5 quart crock-pot and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve hot.