Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I threw a few things together with ideas from different recipes, and even though I say it myself it was delicious LOL. I served it with spanish rice, grated cheese , shredded lettuce and sour cream
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can Ro-tel Mexican festival tomatoes (with lime and cilantro)
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken mushroom soup
- 1 cup hot salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk (or regular milk)
- Mix the cream cheese and rotel tomatoes together in the crock pot.
- Stir in the soup, salsa, milk and black beans.
- Add the chicken to the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
Great recipe. Very tasty! I used cream of mushroom soup in place of the chicken mushroom soup and plain milk instead of buttermilk. It's not pretty when it comes out ..lol.. but incredibly delicious. I served it over white rice the first time and next day I spooned it over shredded lettuce and topped it with shredded cheese, sour cream and sliced avocado. Yummmmmm! I will make this again for sure. Thanks ChefDebs! :)
This was pretty darn good! One word of caution: if you aren't into spicy foods, you may want to use medium or mild salsa, because the hot salsa makes it pretty spicy. Otherwise, it was yummy. I didn't have any problems with the cream cheese not melting because I used a wire whisk to mix the ingredients together. I will be making this again!
This was very good, I was surprised at how flavorful it was. The cream cheese didn't melt all the way, but no one minded. Thanks!