The traditional Chicken mole is just delicious and this recipe makes it extremely simple to prepare using your crock pot. BHG's Slow Cooker Recipes is the source.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds or 1⁄3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 canned jalapeno peppers, drained
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 1⁄2 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up and skinned
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (to garnish) or 2 tablespoons almonds (to garnish)
- hot cooked rice
- In a blender container or food processor bowl, combine undrained tomatoes, onion, nuts, garlic, jalapeno peppers, cocoa powder, raisins, sesame seeds, sugar, salt and spices.
- Cover and blend until mixture is a coarse puree.
- In the crock pot, place the tapioca.
- Add chicken and then the sauce.
- Cover, and cook on low for 9 hours.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
- and sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds.
Loved, loved, loved it! I made it exactly as written, except I used chicken breasts only. Also, my canned jalapenos were sliced, so I had to estimate how many slices made two whole peppers. I used about 1/4 cup, and that was just the right amount of heat for us. I only wish I'd doubled the recipe! We'll be having this often; thanks for posting!
This recipe was good but be careful not to overcook in the crockpot - the sauce was tasty but may of had a tinge of bitterness to it. My first attempt at home made mole!
Excellent fall-apart tender chicken. I have never had chicken mole before but it is now one of my favorite crockpot dinners. We served this with white rice and Zucchini-Avocado Saute Zucchini-Avocado Saute and Easy Cream Cheese Pound Cake Easy Cream Cheese Pound Cake w/ ice cream for desert for a wonderful meal. Thanks Geema for sharing this delicious and easy way to make chicken which we will be having again soon.