1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Chicken Mole
9 hrs 25 mins
The traditional Chicken mole is just delicious and this recipe makes it extremely simple to prepare using your crock pot. BHG's Slow Cooker Recipes is the source.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds or 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 canned jalapeno peppers, drained
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 1/2 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up and skinned
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (to garnish) or 2 tablespoons almonds (to garnish)
- hot cooked rice
- 1In a blender container or food processor bowl, combine undrained tomatoes, onion, nuts, garlic, jalapeno peppers, cocoa powder, raisins, sesame seeds, sugar, salt and spices.
- 2Cover and blend until mixture is a coarse puree.
- 3In the crock pot, place the tapioca.
- 4Add chicken and then the sauce.
- 5Cover, and cook on low for 9 hours.
- 6Serve with hot cooked rice.
- 7and sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken Mole
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 796.4
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 212.8 mg
- Sodium 986.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 58.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: