Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 -6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 1⁄2 cup butter, Melted
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place chicken breasts in crock pot. Pour Chicken broth over breasts.
- Put one slice of Swiss cheese on each breast. Combine both cans of soup and milk.
- Cover chicken breasts with soup mixture. Sprinkle stuffing mix over all.
- Drizzle melted butter on top.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3.
A real winner. Made exactly as stated w/ only one substitution no butter on hand so melted 1/4 cup Smart Balance spread. Worked just fine. I used perhaps a bit more cheese, my slices were approx 4x4 so I used two per breast and overlapped them a bit. Plugged her in at 10am and we ate at 5:30. The chicken was VERY tender. Wonderful on a rainy night. Next time I will add the 3rd cup of stuffing as others have suggested. Thanks for a great and so simple meal. Update: I made this again using Pepperidge Farm stuffing and it came out very mushy. Previously I had used a crouton like stuffing from Mrs. Cubison which held together nicely. The PF was too crushed to begin with for such a long cooking time. Update: Made again for the third time. This time I used healthy request soups and reduced fat swiss cheese. The result was great!
made this many times and my family loves it! I also throw my chicken in frozen, add more stuffing and use chicken broth instead of butter. I true keeper.
I made this almost exactly as written. I had to use bone in chicken as this was all I had and I baked it in the oven because I got a late start and it wouldn't have been done in time for dinner in a crock pot! The chicken was SUPER tender and falling off the bone almost! I baked it covered in a casserole dish in the oven for about an hour and left the cover off and cooked for another 15 minutes to brown up the stuffing. This was great! Very easy and tasted wonderful with mashed potatoes and asparagus. The gravy tasted very homemade and not like "canned soup"! I can't wait to make this in the crock pot. I love using my crock pot and coming home to a cooked meal! Thanks for posting Anne!