Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 5mins
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 ounces water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted (or regular soup)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- hot cooked rice or pasta
- Place the chicken breast halves in the crock pot.
- Combine the Italian dressing mix and water until smooth; pour over top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Combine the cream cheese and soup until smooth and blended.
- Stir in mushroom pieces.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Cook 1 hour more or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or pasta.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was pretty good, a little too salty for me though. Although the chicken was very tender, it came out a little dry. Chicken thighs might work better. I also had issues stirring the soup and cream cheese together. I couldn't get the mixture smooth, there were still clumps of cream cheese and that wasn't very attractive.