Recipe by Seasoned Cook
AWESOME Flavor!! A satisfying and fulfilling chowder for any lunch or dinner....just add crusty bread!! A good year around mainstay entree in our home! Cooks while you work or shop! Easy preparation!
Top Review by Kitchen Witch Steph
This was a wonderful chowder. The flavor was very good. Easy to put together, I followed the directions to a tee except for using a bag of frozen corn over the canned. I think I used around a half a teaspoon of salt and a quarter of pepper for seasoning. I used homemade chicken stock which was awesome. I think I might add a little flour to thicken it some next time, an easy thing to change to my preference. I was thrilled come dinner time to only have to toss some bread in the oven and serve up the bowls of soup. Nice. Made for Crock Pot Photo Challenge.
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut in pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 potatoes, cut in cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly brown chicken pieces in butter and set aside. Saute onion and celery.
- Place carrots, potatoes, onion, celery and corn in crock pot. Put chicken pieces on top. Add chicken broth. Add salt and pepper (to taste).
- Turn crock pot to low and cook 4 to 5 hours. During last 10 minutes of cooking add evaporated milk and cheese. Stir lightly to allow cheese to melt.
- Note: If a thicker chowder is desired, add -- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons of cold water. Also, smash a few potatoes for thickening.
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!.