AWESOME Flavor!! A satisfying and fulfilling chowder for any lunch or dinner....just add crusty bread!! A good year around mainstay entree in our home! Cooks while you work or shop! Easy preparation!
- Lightly brown chicken pieces in butter and set aside. Saute onion and celery.
- Place carrots, potatoes, onion, celery and corn in crock pot. Put chicken pieces on top. Add chicken broth. Add salt and pepper (to taste).
- Turn crock pot to low and cook 4 to 5 hours. During last 10 minutes of cooking add evaporated milk and cheese. Stir lightly to allow cheese to melt.
- Note: If a thicker chowder is desired, add -- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons of cold water. Also, smash a few potatoes for thickening.
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!.