Cheesy Chicken Corn Chowder
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from my parent's neighbor, Marsha Quist, with a few changes from my mom, and is one of my all-time favorite soups.
- Ready In:
- 1 chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup potato, cubed (or more if desired)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 0.5 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (can use cream style corn)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons pimientos (optional)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 lb cheese, grated
- In large saucepan, combine chicken breast, onion and celery with 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, dice or shred the meat.
- Return meat to broth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION