Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Yet another crock pot recipe from my local newspaper. I can't wait to try this one out also. Again I'm guessing on the serving sizes.
- 595.33 g can cherry pie filling
- 158.51 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml quick-cooking oats
- 118.29 ml self-rising flour
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 78.07 ml butter, softened
- Lightly butter 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Place pie filling in cooker.
- Combine dry ingredients with vanilla and mix well.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumbles over pie filling in crock pot.
- Cook 5 hours on low.
My husband said definitely 5 stars. Followed the recipe exactly. The topping makes a nice cakey topping. Wasn't sure how this would turn out but with the temperature at 103 it was nice to make this in the crock pot!!
I used fresh cherrys and it was fantastic, It is so easy to make and I will certainly make it again. The crust did not crisp up so it was more like a cobbler. I don't know what I did wrong. Thanks for the recipe.