Cherry Almond Crisp
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a delicious, not too sweet cherry crisp recipe. I was trying to think of ways to cook something sweet and fruity without any processed sweeteners and this one is pretty good! I top it with vanilla flavored whipped cream.
- Ready In:
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans unsweetened tart red cherries (undrained)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the undrained cherries, maple syrup and almond flavoring into ungreased 9"x9" baking dish. Stir together then set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together almond meal, oats and cinnamon.
- Add the honey and coconut to the almond meal/oats mixture and stir together until crumbly. You may need to use your hands to reach the right texture.
- Sprinkle the almond meal/oat mixture over the top of the cherries.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- While cooling, whip the cream and vanilla together until stiff.
- Top the crisp with the whipped cream and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION