Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
From DayZines.com presents Chet's Crock Healthy and Easy to Prepare Crock pot Recipes, Thursday, April 20 2006.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup Chinese pea pod
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- cooked rice
- Place chicken and mushrooms in a slow cooker.
- Add green onions, soy sauce, ginger, broth, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low about 4 hours.
- Add bamboo shoots, cashews and pea pods. Turn control to HIGH.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Stir into chicken mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 20-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring at least once.
- Serve over cooked rice if desired.
The flavor was nothing special. I am thinking I would have liked to add some garlic and regular onion to it, but not sure. The liquid did not thicken up good, either. My kids were not fond of it so I won't be making it again.