Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 12 leaves cabbage (large)
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄2 cup rice, cooked
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon leaves thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash cabbage leaves.
- Boil 4 cups water.
- Turn off heat. Soak leaves in water for 5 minutes. Remove, drain and cool.
- Combine ground meat; rice, salt, pepper, thyme, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Place 2 tablespoons meat mixture on each leaf and roll firmly.
- Stack in electric slow cooker.
- Combine tomato paste and water; pour over stuffed cabbage. Cover.
- Cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
This wasn't bad, but the next time I make it ( I will try it again) I will put tomato sauce instead of paste.
We really liked this recipe it reminded me of portugese soup.I did add vegtable bouillion to the tomato mix and that gave it good salt flavor.
This recipe was pretty good but needed a little more flavor. I think next time I will try using tomato soup instead of tomato paste and adding more salt and pepper.