Crock Pot Swedish Cabbage Rolls
This is an easy to prepare slow-cooker meal. Delicious and filling it is meaty and with sufficient vegetables to give one that really satisfied feeling. Prepare it the evening before and refrigerate, then slip it into the Crock pot when leaving for work the next morning. Yum it’s soooooo good!
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Immerse cabbage leaves in a kettle of boiling water for about 3 minutes or until limp, drain.
- Combine egg, milk, onion, salt, pepper beef and cooked rice.
- Place about 1/4 cup meat mixture in the center of each leaf; fold in sides and roll ends over meat.
- Place in crock pot.
- Combine tomatoes sauce with brown sugar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Neither of us are big cabbage fans. I had a head of Napa cabbage from our CSA so decided to use it rather than regular green cabbage. We both enjoyed it and it will be a repeat, but I think only with the Napa cabbage as I found it easier to handle, stuff and roll and lighter in taste. I didn't consider them "swedish" just appreciated the good flavor. Thank you for the great recipe.Reply
I have never made stuffed cabbage before..I found this recipe & chose because of easiness and sounding so good. When hubby & I walked in the door...oh that smell of stuffed cabbage cooking! I haven't smelt that in 20 yrs plus! Husband said"It's like walking in my Grandma's house" :) When we finally sat down to have dinner, oooohhhhhh they were delicious!!! He said 2nd best to my Grandma's...Noone can make dishes ( for the most part) as good as Grandma! It was the best compliment a wife can get..Try this recipe and Im sure you will get compliments like me!Reply