Recipe by Parrot Head Mama
Super easy and inexpensive. Great on top of mashed potatoes, egg noodles or rice.
Top Review by bamagrad
Made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious! I did 2 onion packets and 1 brown gravy packet. I was generous on the salt/pepper in the flour mixture for the browning process. Served it over brown rice with a side of steamed veges. This one is definitely going in the "keep/make again" pile.
- 1⁄3 cup flour, seasoned with
- salt & pepper
- 6 beef cube steaks, cut bite sized
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, sliced, to taste
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 large green pepper, sliced, to taste
- 3 (25 g) envelopes gravy, your choice (I like onion, mushroom and beef)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour in resealable plastic bag.
- Add beef and shake to coat.
- In skillet, brown beef in oil til lightly browned on all sides.
- Transfer to crock pot.
- Add peppers, onion and 2 cups water.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- In bowl, whisk together remaining 1 cup water and gravy envelopes.
- Add to crock and cook for last 30 minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, hot egg noodles or rice.