Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Super easy and inexpensive. Great on top of mashed potatoes, egg noodles or rice.
- 1⁄3 cup flour, seasoned with
- salt & pepper
- 6 beef cube steaks, cut bite sized
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, sliced, to taste
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 large green pepper, sliced, to taste
- 3 (25 g) envelopes gravy, your choice (I like onion, mushroom and beef)
- Place flour in resealable plastic bag.
- Add beef and shake to coat.
- In skillet, brown beef in oil til lightly browned on all sides.
- Transfer to crock pot.
- Add peppers, onion and 2 cups water.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- In bowl, whisk together remaining 1 cup water and gravy envelopes.
- Add to crock and cook for last 30 minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, hot egg noodles or rice.
Made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious! I did 2 onion packets and 1 brown gravy packet. I was generous on the salt/pepper in the flour mixture for the browning process. Served it over brown rice with a side of steamed veges. This one is definitely going in the "keep/make again" pile.
My family and I enjoyed this recipe !. We will definitelly be having it again. Thanks for posting it.
Well...This was good, however, I think with me it is all about the flavor of the meat. Although the sauce had tons of flavor, the meat itself was bland. I would make this again, but next time I will flavor the meat first, maybe a marinade or rub before browning. Thanks for the recipe.