Crock Pot Beef Tips With Gravy
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lbs sirloin tip steaks
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 10 1⁄2 ounces condensed beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste or 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- buttered noodles
- In a plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup flour with the salt and pepper; toss with beef cubes to coat thoroughly. Place beef cubes in crock pot.
- Place chopped green pepper and sliced mushrooms on top of beef cubes.
- In a large pyrex measuring cup, combine beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste or ketchup. Pour over beef and vegetables; stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 7 to 12 hours. ONE hour before serving, turn to HIGH setting. Make a smooth paste of red wine and 3 Tablespoons flour; stir into crock pot, blending well. Cover and cook until thickened.
- Serve over Buttered Noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have never made beef tips and it seemed like they would be a good slow cooker recipe. I was not disappointed. This dish was very good. It made a nice gravy WITHOUT using canned cream soup. I would add a little more salt, but I am a salt a holic. There is a little discrepancy in the ingredient list and the directions. The ingredient list calls for green onions, but the directions call for green pepper. I figured you couldn't go wrong with either, so I went for the green peppers. I cooked for a total of 8 hours and that worked well for me.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of three and live in central Pennsylvania. My children were very active in after school activities and found we weren't spending anytime together at meal time. In 1998, I decided to start cooking my dinners in a crockpot so that we could have a home cooked meal together once everyone came home. My children now get so excited to see what we are having to eat and love the smell when they walk in the door. My family calls me the crock pot queen. LOL I use my crock pot everyday of the year. <br> <br>My three children are now in college and before they come home they request their favorite meal. I still continue to cook in the crock pot for my husband and I. It is nice after a long day to know your meal is ready. It also helps in keeping my grocery bill down. With zaar, I can print my shopping list and that is all I purchase is the ingredients on that list. <br> <br>Now, my two daughters have been crock pot cooking while in college. They find it is easy to cook for the themselves and their friends. It is an easy way to have friends over for dinner after classes <br> <br>I still love trying new recipes and purchasing cookbooks, especially crock pot cookbooks. <br> <br>Happy Cooking!