Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Rich thick curry that smells wonderful, just a little work needed in prep time but worth it on a chilly autumn night. Great for entertaining too.
- 453.59 g sliced chuck steak
- 1 large onion, fairly thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 44.37 ml rogan josh curry paste
- 396.89 g can plum tomatoes
- 14.79 ml mango chutney
- 29.58 ml creamed coconut
- 170.09 g small mushrooms, quartered
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 1 beef stock cube
- 354.88 ml boiling water
- Brown onions in frying pan using canola oil.
- Add garlic and fry for further 3 minutes.
- add curry paste and fry off for 2 minutes.
- place mixture into crock pot.
- deglaze pan with boiling water and add to crock pot.
- add rest of ingredients except mushrooms and cook on high 2 hours and low for 6-8 hours depending on your crock.
- Add mushrooms and check seasoning and cook on high for further 1/2 hour.
- Skim off excess fat before serving.
Hi Linds, your description of this was spot on, the smell in my kitchen was wonderful, we love curry in our house and have it at least twice or maybe three times a week so we know a good curry when we taste it. The only change I made was to add a bit of coriander on top. I did like the beef, it's usualy chicken, or lamb we have so this made a nice change. I have never used my crock pot for curry before I can't think why as this is much better it's less messy, no dirty cooker to clean. I always have it everywhere. DH had the leftovers as his meal at work he was working nights and he said it was even better then, the flavours were stronger. Thanks for a wonderful recipe and method I will make this one again, in my crock pot of course.