Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Tasty beef roast for those busy days.
- 3 -4 lbs boneless top round roast, fat trimmed
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 2 bay leaves
- Place beef into crock pot. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, mix well; then pour over beef in crock pot.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Discard bay leaves and serve.
This was really fantastic! I used crushed tomatoes instead of sauce and the meat just melted in our mouths. I made with easy risotto (#120423) which was delicious with the meat and tomato juices. Thank you for posting this crowd pleaser. I will use it often!
We really enjoyed this flavorful and tender beef roast. The mild "zing" from the horseradish was a nice addition. I cooked this in my 3 qt. crockpot on "high" for 3 hrs. and then on "low" for 4 hrs. It was fall apart tender. I used the full 2 tsp. of fresh thyme, and added a little extra salt and sugar to taste. Thank you for sharing the wonderful recipe. *Made for ZWT6 Xtra Hot Dishes*
This was good, tender and yummy. The tomato flavor was a little overpowering, but that's just my personal preference. Thanks for the recipe.