- 5 lbs small frog's legs
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice or 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- crushed ice
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the frog legs thoroughly and place in a large Dutch oven. Sprinkle with the lemon juice or vinegar and cover with the ice.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours.
- Combine milk, egg yolks, olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into egg batter.
- Sprinkle frog legs with salt and pepper; dip each in batter and dredge in flour. Fry until golden brown in deep oil heated to 375°F; drain on paper towels.