Recipe by New Nana
A friend shared this delicious dessert at a neighborhood get together. I've shared the recipe with many other friends over the past few years. Hope you will too.
- 2 cans crescent dinner rolls
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, more to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 deg.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Pat out 1 can of crescent rolls on bottom of pan, pinching seams together.
- Cream the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla together until well mixed.
- Spread over layer of rolls.
- Pat out second can of rolls on wax paper, pinch seams together and cut into strips.
- Place, latticelike, on top of cheese mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While cooling just a bit, mix together the powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Add enough milk to make mixture a thick syrup consistency.
- Dribble over top of still warm pastry.
- This is very pretty at Christmas to decorate with sugared cranberries and mint leaves.