Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great as a side dish, an appetizer or a main dish. Filling but not heavy.
- 3 cups risotto rice
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 pint light cream
- 1 cup peas
- 1 lb tuna steak
- 1⁄4 lb buffalo mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 pint chicken broth
- Par boil rice in chicken broth for 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Drain and set aside BOTH rice AND broth.
- Brown garlic, pepper, celery and onion over medium heat.
- Mix in rice and rosemary, and ladle broth over top until rice is covered. Lower to medium-low heat. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, cube the tuna steak (about 1/2 inch cubes), season with black pepper and pan sear on high heat for 30 seconds on each side. Lay on top of rice and let cook at least five minutes.
- Heat broiler to 350°F.
- When rice is soft and broth fully reduced, mix in cream. Let cook two minutes and then set aside to steam for five minutes.
- Cut thin slices of mozzarella.
- Dish risotto into oven safe plates (ceramic pie plates work wonderfully) and cover with mozzarella slices and toss under broiler for 2-5 minutes, until cheese is melted and begins browning.
- Serve immediately.