Recipe by reubenbehm
Really healthy recipe that tastes like it isn't!!! This is actually a variation of someone else's on this site. I'm on a diet where I'm trying to eat higher protein meals regularly throughout the day and this is perfect for an after work dinner that will be satisfying without breaking any rules. A portion of 1/6 of the pan, which is very satisfying, only has about 415 calories and packs 30 grams of protein!!
Top Review by anniesnomsblog
This was really tasty and definitely tasted like it had way more calories than it actually has! I used a paprika based taco seasoning, hence mine being quite red, but it's all I could find in my supermarket! I don't normally love cottage cheese, but because of all the other flavours going on I didn't notice it much; in fact it just added a nice flavour. Will definitely make this again!
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 4 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons taco seasoning (or to your preference)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (reserve juices for rice)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet corn (optional)
- 24 ounces cooked chicken, diced large
- 2 cups rice (cooked in chicken broth or tomato juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package, but instead of water, cook the rice in an equal amount of chicken broth plus the reserved tomato juice. (So, for example, if the rice package calls for to 4 cups of water, and you have 1 cup of reserved tomato juice, you will cook the rice in the tomato juice plus 3 cups of chicken broth instead of the water.).
- While the rice is cooking, mix together the chilies, olives, tomatoes, corn, and cooked chicken in a large bowl.
- Blend cottage cheese, greek yogurt, 1 cup of the chicken broth, salt, garlic powder, and taco seasoning until smooth.
- When the rice is done, fold it into the chicken mixture. Then stir in the cottage cheese/greek yogurt mixture.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 min or until it seems to hold together nicely.