Recipe by Courtly
From a magazine. A rich-tasting, creamy side that can be served up in just 15 minutes!!
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
I don't usually make instant rice dishes but I needed something quick & easy. It worked well & was tasty but I agree that it was abit soupy for me also. I threw in more rice but I'll cut the broth next time. I whipped this up so quick that I forgot to add the lemon peel & parmesan, maybe next time. Nice twist with the italian dressing & cream cheese, thanks for sharing.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups quick-cooking rice, uncooked
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir onion in dressing in large saucepan on medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add mushrooms; cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add broth and peas; stir.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice and cream cheese; cover.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand 8 minutes.
- Stir in lemon peel and Parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with lemon slices and fresh dill, if desired.