Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Creamy and thick rice pudding that melts in your mouth. Raisins are always an option, but not needed for this rice pudding.
- 3 quarts milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- Combine milk, rice, and salt in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then lower to maintain a rolling boil, stirring constantly, until the rice is tender. (May take a 1/2 hour or longer).
- Mix the eggs and sugar together.
- Add some of the hot milk mixture to the egg/sugar mixture to temper.
- Combine all ingredients in the pot.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- Cinnamon and raisins are optional.
It did take quite a bit of time for my rice mixture to cook but well worth the time. Added raisins and sprinkled a little cinnamon and nutmeg on top before serving....yummm! (Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef 2007)