Recipe by George_Waldron
Creamy and thick rice pudding that melts in your mouth. Raisins are always an option, but not needed for this rice pudding.
Top Review by Cookin' Mommy
It did take quite a bit of time for my rice mixture to cook but well worth the time. Added raisins and sprinkled a little cinnamon and nutmeg on top before serving....yummm! (Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef 2007)
- 3 quarts milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk, rice, and salt in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then lower to maintain a rolling boil, stirring constantly, until the rice is tender. (May take a 1/2 hour or longer).
- Mix the eggs and sugar together.
- Add some of the hot milk mixture to the egg/sugar mixture to temper.
- Combine all ingredients in the pot.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- Cinnamon and raisins are optional.