Recipe by MarieRynr
This is a delicious rice dish that is easy to make and goes wonderfully with fish or chicken. The cream can be eliminated, and the rice is still delicious.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is indeed a wonderful rice we enjoyed at lunch. I omitted the heavy cream and substituted the chicken broth with Maggi vegetable broth with onions(I used4 3/4 cups of broth that I prepared by dissolving 2 cubes of Maggi veg. broth with onions in 4 3/4 cups of water) and butter with Pure Wesson Canola oil. Since the broth contained salt already, I did not add anymore to this dish. I will make this again, it was good! Thank you for sharing:-)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 lemons, zest of, grated
- 3 cups chicken broth, boiling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan on low heat.
- Stir in rice and lemon zest.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until rice is opague, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and salt; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Slowly stir cream into rice.
- Continue to stir and cook on low heat until cream is absorbed.
- Season to taste.