Parmesan Lemon Rice
- Ready In:
- 600 ml water
- 12 ounces long grain rice, washed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ounce butter
- Bring the water to the boil, then stir in the rice and the salt and boil for two minutes.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed, turn off the heat and let the rice stand for a few minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the cheese, rind and lemon juice, mix.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan; add the rice and then the egg mixture, mixing it very thoroughly.
- Cook on a gentle heat whilst stirring until the cheese melts.
- Turn into a dish and serve right away, do not let it stand around.
Join The Conversation
Wonderful lemon flavour! I used brown basmati rice and did not add the salt as I thought there was enough in the Parmesan cheese. I used shredded Parmesan. Just made half a recipe for the two of us and we enjoyed every mouthful. It had a wonderful rissoto rice consistancy and went very well with our baked halibut. Thanks for posting Annelies, I will be making this one again!!