Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Since this starts with frozen hash brown potatoes, it very quick to put together. I've served it many times -- breakfast, brunch and dinner. You can vary the canned soups to suit your personal tastes.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and garlic salt. Add potatoes, onions and cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13x9x2" baking dish. Top with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted.
- Topping variation: I've used about 2 cups crushed corn flakes tossed with about 1/3 cup butter as topping as well.
When I need a delicious and reliable recipe I turn to certain cooks on Zaar - and Bobbie you are one of them. I had extra folks coming over for a gathering and needed a side dish. This was great! And it pleased everyone of them from ages 2 to 77. I made one-and-a-half recipe and it filled my large lasagna pan. The greater amount still took the same cooking time for me. Also, the dish stayed warm in the oven for about 45 minutes with no problem. Thanks Bobbie - it's a keeper.