Recipe by mich_l728
a mixture and modification of several recipes I've found (#468912 & #468912). Sort of a risotto, but simpler to make, good as a side. I added a leek from an extra I had after making soup. You could easily make this vegetarian by using vegetable broth.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 leek, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 1 cup rice (I use jasmine)
- 2 cups chicken broth (heated)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- lightly saute garlic and onions in butter in a saucepan until translucent.
- add leeks to pot.
- add rice to pot and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in 2 cups broth and 1/2 cup milk; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes.
- remove from heat and stir in grated parmesan cheese and pepper to taste.