Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
For all you garlic lovers, this is a delicious dressing, and a long time family favorite :)
Top Review by mmmagique
This did not turn out the way I envisioned it. It didn't taste at all the way I wanted. It was very sweet, and...not for me, I guess. (but they can't all be winners, and Kittencal bats most of them out of the ballpark!)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 3 finely minced garlic cloves (or more if you dare!)
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, water, onion and garlic; simmer until onion is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add in sugar and simmer until dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate dressing for 2 hours or more.