Nif's Creamy Garlic Salad Dressing
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise (I prefer Hellmann's)
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Make a garlic paste. To make the paste, place the clove on a cutting board and chop or mince. Sprinkle the salt on the garlic; it will help break down the garlic. Put your knife on the garlic at a 40 degree angle, almost completely flat. Scrape the garlic with the side of your blade until you end up with a paste.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and chill in the fridge for about an hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was good but it seemed so thick. I did use Hellmanns low fat mayo and a low fat sour cream. So, I added 2 tsp. of white balsamic vinegar and that seemed to help. By the time I let it sit in the refrigerator for an hour, it was pretty thick again. Didn't really bother the flavor-just needed to be careful not to put too much dressing on our salad ingredients.
This was so simple and so great tasting. I must admit that I didn't use low-fat mayo or sour cream - but loved the flavor and texture of this dressing. I probably used a little more garlic - in my kitchen you can never have too much garlic, mushrooms, or onions, lol. Thanks Nif for sharing your great creation. Made for Went To The Market Tag.
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love great food and I particularly like trying cuisines new to me! Although I don't prepare as much food as I used to, creating in my kitchen is still one of my favourite things to do. Enjoy!