2 hrs 15 mins
Found on duncanhines.com website because I was looking for a good way to use up eggnog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package swiss chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen non-dairy topping, divided
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages french vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3Combine Swiss chocolate cake mix, melted butter and pecans in a large bowl.
- 4Reserve 1/2 cup mixture.
- 5Press remaining mixture onto bottom of an ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- 6Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until surface is firm. Cool.
- 7Toast reserved 1/2-cup cake mixture on a cookie sheet for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once.
- 8Cool completely.
- 9Break lumps with fork to make small crumbs.
- 11Combine cream cheese and sugar in large bowl; beat until smooth.
- 12Stir in 1 cup whipped topping.
- 13Spread over cooled crust.
- 16Combine pudding mix and milk; beat 1 minute.
- 17Add rum extract and nutmeg.
- 18Spread over cream cheese layer.
- 19Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding layer.
- 20Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- 21Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Eggnog Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.9
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 49.7 mg
- Sodium 405.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 39.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
swiss chocolate cake mix