Recipe by ssej1078_1251510
Found on duncanhines.com website because I was looking for a good way to use up eggnog.
- 1 (18 ounce) package swiss chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen non-dairy topping, divided
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesfrench vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine Swiss chocolate cake mix, melted butter and pecans in a large bowl.
- Reserve 1/2 cup mixture.
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of an ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until surface is firm. Cool.
- Toast reserved 1/2-cup cake mixture on a cookie sheet for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once.
- Cool completely.
- Break lumps with fork to make small crumbs.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in large bowl; beat until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Combine pudding mix and milk; beat 1 minute.
- Add rum extract and nutmeg.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding layer.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.