1/9 Photos of Creamy Chicken Marsala
The Flying Chef's Note:
I have a recipe for a more traditional chicken marsala, that we enjoy but thought I would play around a bit the other night and came up with this one. It turned out really well and whilst I probably still prefer the more traditional recipe this make a nice change. I made this for just 2 of us but the sauce ingredients would make enough for 3 people and would probably stretch to 4 servings if you do not like things very sauce as we do. I served ours over wild rice and asparagus so we enjoyed the extra sauce over the rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a little olive oil in a fry pan add chicken breasts, cook until browned on both sides about 6-8 Min’s a side, remove and set to one side. (It is not to important to cook chicken all the way through as it is added back to the pan at the end, so it will finish cooking then.).
- 2Wipe pan clean, melt butter in same pan, add mushrooms, cook stirring a couple of times for 5 Min’s, add green onions, cook a further 2 Min’s.
- 3Add marsala, stock, water and lemon juice, stir to combine, add cream and basil, stir again until combined.
- 4Mix a little water with the cornflour, add to sauce stir until mixture thickens, season with pepper.
- 5Return chicken to pan, simmer gently until chicken is heated through.
- 6To Serve: Slice chicken breasts thickly, arrange on plate and spoon sauce over, sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 826.5
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 190.1 mg
- Sodium 1104.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 36.4 g