Recipe by Patreice Massey
This dish is very rich and easy to make. My husbands asks me to make it every week. Simple and filling.
- 2 cups chicken breasts, Diced & Cooked
- 1 medium green pepper, Diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, Cubed
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, Divided
- 8 flour tortillas
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese (Sliced) or 8 ounces Mexican blend cheese (Shredded)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 8 ounces sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350.
- MIX chicken, green pepper, cream cheese and 1/4 cup of the salsa in Medium saucepan; simmer until cream cheese is melted, stir occasionally.
- SPOON 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Place the seam side down in lightly greased baking dish.
- PLACE Velveeta and milk in small saucepan. Simmer until Velveeta is completely melted stir frequently. Then pour over enchiladas and cover with foil. Note: If you're using shredded cheese just sprinkle over enchiladas and cover with foil.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until heated through. Once done baking top with remaining salsa (and sour cream).