Recipe by Grimm's Restaurant Tales
Someone make this and let me know what you think...the picture I have looks amazing.
Top Review by jennifer in new jersey
delicious meal. used organic turkey meat that was already cut into strips and went with the half and half. i did leave out the peas as i forgot to get them. recipe was very simple. i can not vouch for its appearance as my 3 yr old helped me make it and she wanted to cut up the veggies so she did so with her little plastic knife and lets just say it wasn't chopped, minced or sliced! but the taste was exceptional. we both enjoyed it and would make it again because of the taste and the ease. i could see even eating this without the pasta, and just adding a small salad on the side b/c it is good enough on its own. the sauce was very good. i was a bit hesitant to add the flour as when i have made roux or sauces with flour in the past you could taste the flour and they were pasty but not so in this case. sauce was a nice texture and very smooth taste. thanks for sharing!
- 12 ounces chicken breasts or 12 ounces turkey, in pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 c)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups cooked fettuccine
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut into thin bite-size strips. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together flour, mustard, wine, salt, and pepper till smooth. Stir in half and half until mixed in well. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into skillet. Over med. heat stir fry garlic sweet pepper, and onion; stir fry for 2 minute Add sliced mushrooms stir fry for 2 more minutes or until crisp- tender. Remove veggies.
- Add chicken to the wok, stir fry 2-3 min or until no pink remains. Push turkey from the center of the wok.
- Add sauce to center of wok. Cook until think and bubbly. Return veggies to wok and add thawed peas. Stir all ingredients to coat with sauce. Serve over hot cooked noodles.