Creamy, delicious, YUM! You can toast some hamburger buns and even serve this with the traditional burger toppings, i.e. pickles, ketchup, lettuce, mustard, onions, etc.!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed and coarsley chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 8 ounces cheddar and american blend cheese, shredded
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup whole milk
- Saute beef, onion, celery and garlic over med. heat until meat is browned and veggies tender; drain off fat.
- Sprinkle flour into beef mixture, stir and cook 2 minutes. Add broth and potatoes and bring to a boil, stirring occassionally. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- Add tomatoes, cheese, tomato paste, ketchup, and mustard. Cook until cheese is melted, soup is smooth and just comes to a gentle boil. Stir in milk and heat through.
- Serve with toasted buns and toppings of your choice!